Friday, July 18, 2014

Post #1

Being an 18 year old girl about to start college, some may believe I have yet to build a political, and realistic opinion for I have yet to know the real hardships and how the world really works. What people do not realize is that I have been observing human nature since I was born, and I have been taking notes.

What disappoints me the most at the age I am, surrounded by the people I am surrounded by, is the lack of self love. I only wish that one day my friends, family, even strangers, could just look in the mirror and see what I see. Everyone thinks I'm so full of shit when I say that I honestly base how 'attractive' someone is mostly on what their personality is like rather than their physical appearance. If you are a beautiful person on the inside, I can see that, even without speaking to someone, I can tell by how they walk, how they write, how they talk. However, like life, nothing is just black and white. There are times when I see people change into ugly monsters. I don't like when anyone says "wow, they just showed their true colors". No, they simply have as much potential to be an asshole as you do and you just witnessed them being a total dick. I am not exempt from this theory either, there are times that I see myself as a beautiful person, and there are times when I think I am the grossest thing to ever walk the earth. This has nothing to do with self-esteem. This is all dealing with how I treat others, how I treat myself. Respecting yourself is just as important as respecting one another.
Respect is something very important to me actually. In the 9th grade, my literature teacher told us that there are two kinds of respect; respect that can be earned and reciprocated, and respect that is mandatory due to one being of higher stature than the other( example: A student must respect their teacher.). The second I heard this I thought, bull shit, if a teacher or anyone I don't care, if I am not treated with the respect I deserve, then I shall not respect them either. There have been many occasions where I have quarreled with teachers over this problem. I was showing a lack of respect because I was disrespected. My mother hates this idea that I have, she thinks I am "stooping to their level" which I suppose in some instances may be true, but like I give a shit.
Well, as a beginning to this blog, I feel I have made my points for the day.

My song of the day:
To Build a Home by the Cinematic Orchestra

No comments:

Post a Comment